February: The Month of the Heart

The heart is often referred to as the symbol of love. While love is vital to a fulfilling life, a healthy heart is crucial to it. A healthy heart functions without us having to even think about it. It beats about 100,000 times per day and pumps 1.5 gallons of blood through the body per minute. The more in shape…

Womanology + Restore Him

In 2015, Peter and Ginny Ueberroth donated $5 Million to Hoag Hospital Foundation to establish an endowed chair in women’s health in honor of Dr. Allyson Brooks and her long-time dedication to providing innovative and personalized care for women.

The Physical Dimension of Wellness

The state or condition of being in good physical and mental health is what we call wellness. Wellness is something of a buzzword these days, touted and tossed about in pop culture and in many different fields. It has been described by Dr. Bill Hettler, co-founder and president of the board of directors of the National Wellness Institute, as a…

A Mother’s Guide for Good Skincare

The second Sunday in May is a yearly celebration honoring motherhood. As we reflect on this beautiful occasion, one might pause to appreciate the aging process that accompanies the wisdom of our years. As time passes, so comes wisdom and its fellow traveler–the associated lines, wrinkles and changes in skin tone that show on our face. Some cultures believe the…

Imagine You… Living Long, Looking Good

We are entering an era of unprecedented breakthroughs in our approach to wellness, prevention of disease and the aging process. Geneticists postulate our gene coding may be responsible for only 30% of our lifespan. That leaves 70% up to us. Genetic engineering is becoming mainstream. There are well-funded startup companies whose primary mission is to cure the aging process. Individuals…

New Holistic, Innovative Approach To Cosmetic Dentistry

Health-related quality of life and well-being are new topic areas for the healthy people of today. The first concept is a multi-dimensional concept associated with physical, mental, emotional and social functioning. It goes beyond direct measures of population, health, life expectancy, and causes of death, and focuses on the impact health status has on quality of life. On the other…

A New Health/Fitness/Therapy Business Opens in Newport Beach

I have suffered from intermittent sciatica pain for many years. To combat the uncomfortable feeling, I have tried different conventional and unconventional approaches that have yielded somewhat successful results. When One Fitness & Therapy owner Chris Swartz invited me to come and work out at his center in Newport Beach, I felt curious and intrigued to try this new method.